When you are driving with N licence, you may drive un-supervised with the following restrictions:
- You must not drive after consuming any amount of alcohol.
- You must not use hand-held or hands-free communication devices while driving.
- You must display the official N sign in you back windshield or on the rear of your vehicle when driving. It must be visible to drivers behind you.
- Only 1 passenger may be in the vehicle with you unless:
- the passenger are your immediate family (“Immediate Family” means your parents, children, spouse, brothers, sisters and grandparents,
- including step and foster relationships), or
- if you are accompanied by a supervisor sitting beside you who is age 25 or older holding a valid class 1,2,3,4 or 5 licence, or
- if you are taking training and are supervised by a licensed driver training instructor.